Welcome to the Butter Factory Pottery Studio
The Pottery is set within the grounds of the Butter Factory Arts Centre.
The Pottery is maintained by those who use it. As such, there is no cleaner for the pottery. It is up to the user to keep it organised and clean for the next session that occupies it.Please make sure that you follow these guidelines to make our workspace clean and operational for all!
- Please make sure you sign in at the beginning of each session in the diary
- Please pay your daily hire at the beginning of your day
- All firing fees must be paid on collection of work.
- Please make sure all pots are marked with your initials or 'chop' for identification.
- Any work left to be fired must be entered in your firing sheet
- The drying room is for work in progress only. All clay, tools and any equipment must go home with you.
- The kneading bench must be cleaned immediately after use so it is ready for the next person to use.
- The sink at the end of the studio is for clay and water only.
- Any glaze materials or paints are to be washed in the sink behind the building - this has the waste trap attached.
- Please clean up after your self at the end of your day
- Any clay to be recycled can be put in the buckets under the sink.
- When using the slab roller, please make sure you use the appropriate canvas for the colour of the clay that you are using. These are marked 'white clay only'
The most important thing is that you enjoy this space, be creative, find new friends and respect each other and this fabulous space.